California Sea Grant Core Awards
1. Annual Cost Share Report: This is due within 45 days following the end of each award year. Time extensions do not change the due date of the cost share reports. Additionally, all cost share must be from a nonfederal source. In reporting equipment cost share, the principal investigator must claim the fair market value or depreciated value of the equipment.
The agency expects the nonfederal share to be expended at the same general rate as the federal funds. Therefore, the principal investigator's institution is responsible for keeping an accounting of matching information throughout the year. The principal investigator's institution will be the office of record for the cost share and therefore must keep the backup documentation in their files. The cost share amount reported to California Sea Grant is then reported to the agency. In addition to submitting the cost share report to California Sea Grant, the principal investigator should also report the cost share amount as indicated by the institution's policy.
2. Final Expense Report—Main Research: Report is due within 45 days following the termination of the project funds. The principal investigator or administrative contact should submit the report through the institution’s grants management or extramural funds office.
3. Final Expense Report—Traineeship: Report is due within 45 days following the end of each award year. This report is only required if the award has a traineeship. The principal investigator or administrative contact should submit the report through the institution’s grants management or extramural funds office.
4. Equipment Inventory Report: If the principal investigator has purchased equipment with Sea Grant funds, the California Sea Grant office requires that an Equipment Inventory Report be submitted within 45 days following the end of each award year.
5. Patent Report: All potentially patentable ideas, inventions, discoveries or improvements made during the grant term must be disclosed promptly.
6. Annual Progress Report: At the end of every fiscal period, a call is issued for a progress report on the results of the preceding grant year. Each project leader is required to complete this report, which is due 30 days after each award year, regardless of extensions.
For ending projects, a final progress report is due 30 days after the termination of the project.
General assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org