Call for Full Proposals
California Sea Grant and USC Sea Grant are now soliciting full proposals for funding consideration to the Ocean Protection Council (OPC) Proposition 84 Competitive Grant Program.
You may submit a proposal ONLY if you previously submitted a 2018 preliminary proposal to a Sea Grant Program (due in March 2018), and the proposal you submit must be based upon the pre-proposal submitted earlier.
The California Ocean Protection Council (OPC) was established to improve the management and protection of ocean and coastal resources and ecosystems. One of the many ways the OPC achieves this purpose is by supporting innovative research that directly informs and improves the stewardship of ocean and coastal resources. In partnership with the state’s two Sea Grant Programs, the California Sea Grant Program (CASG) and the University of Southern California Sea Grant Program (USCSG), the OPC is initiating a Proposition 84 competitive grant program to implement scientific research projects that directly support the OPC’s priorities. A total of $6,000,000 is available to be awarded as grants to support research within the focus areas and priority research topics identified below.
OPC has identified six broad focus areas that include all the priority research topic areas identified in this call. They are:
Administered by CA Sea Grant:
- Ocean acidification and hypoxia, and other changes in ocean conditions from a changing climate
- Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture
Administered by USC Sea Grant:
- Sea-level rise adaptation and coastal resilience
- Coastal sediment management
- Marine pollution; and
- Marine renewable energy
Applicants must submit a full proposal to one of the Sea Grant programs, depending on the focus area and priority research topic(s) that the proposed research addresses, and based upon the pre-proposal submitted previously (which may be modified based on panel review comments).
Whether submitting to the CA Sea Grant or USC Sea Grant, all proposals must be submitted using eSeaGrant:
- California Sea Grant: https://eseagrant2.ucsd.edu
- University of Southern California Sea Grant: https://usc.eseagrant.ecsion.com/
Instructions on how to submit via eSeaGrant: https://go.ucsd.edu/2ti2zCk
- 10 August 2018, 5 PM Pacific time – Proposals due
- August- early October 2018 – Proposal review
- Mid-October 2018 – proposers notified of proposal status
- 25 October 2018 – Proposals for funding recommended to OPC
- 1 December 2018 – Awards begin