The Humboldt Bay Initiative (HBI) is a diverse partnership formed to implement the Humboldt Bay EBM program.
HBI completed a formal strategic planning process in 2009. Six priority ecosystem-based management (EBM) strategies were developed based on identification of “EBM targets” and threats to those targets.
- Establish the Humboldt Bay Initiative
- Coordinated Response to Coastal and Climate Change
- Coordinated Response to Invasive Species
- Study and Control of Sediment
- Promote Sustainable Development
- Support Integrated Forest Management